Friday, March 22, 2013

No Chemo = Happy Grand Children

Yesterday threw us a few curve balls, the biggest one being no chemo.  Dad's white count was too low.  They'll wait for a week and see if his white cells cooperate.  He wasn't exactly excited about chemo yesterday, but now his schedule is thrown out of wack and he'll most likely be tired and sick over Easter weekend.  Bummer.  To combat the woe, he and Mom bought last minute plane tickets to California for a weekend getaway.  I'm a little bit embarrassed to tell you that I let them take my two oldest sons with them.  I know I know, I tried to talk them out of it, but I knew I wouldn't win.  Needless to say, I'm very very grateful that they get to spend an entire weekend with their grand parents.  I have a hunch that Mom and Dad will have some interesting stories to tell upon their return.  But for the record, I thoroughly threatened my children to behave on this trip.  I just hope it worked.

1 comment:

  1. Annie it was good of you to let them go. Grandparents and grandchildren need to make memories.

    ReplyDelete