Saturday, March 2, 2013

Cardboard A La Carte




So, I guess chemo changes your sense of taste.  Please tell me that I'm not the only one who's never heard of this before.  After Sam's first treatment, he began complaining relentlessly about everything he put in his mouth.  I remember thinking, "hey, Mr. Whiney Mc-Whinerson, cool it with the complaining yo".  Well it turns out that he actually had something to complain about because Dad confirmed shortly thereafter that all foods really do taste like cardboard.  Huh...go figure.

I thought it might be interesting to keep a record of all the different ways they describe how their food tastes.  Here's what I have so far:

Cheese: rubbery cardboard
Bread: soft cardboard
Chips: crispy cardboard
Popcorn: chewy wood chips/cardboard
Cereal: crunchy-turned-soft wood chips
Nuts: crunchy cardboardy wood chips with a dash of metal
Water: ocean water

I think Mom is planning to serve cardboard for dinner tomorrow.  Who knows, maybe it will taste like pizza...

1 comment:

  1. Today, I went to the beachfront with my children.
    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old
    daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
    She put the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic
    but I had to tell someone!

    Here is my blog post succession

    ReplyDelete