Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hump Day

Dad and Sam ended up having chemo on Tuesday.  Good, because one trip to Huntsman Cancer Institute is better than two.  Bad, because, well...chemo.  Interestingly, it was kind of a big day.  It just so happened to be the half way point for both of them.  For Sam, it was the sixth of twelve treatments.  For Dad, it was the third of six treatments.  All day long on Tuesday I kept thinking that we needed to do something significant to commemorate this point in their journey.  You know, like go base jumping or get a tattoo or something.  Oddly enough, nobody seemed too hip on my ideas.  My family doesn't understand my sentiment.   But we did manage to get together on Wednesday for an Easter party.   Did it get out of hand?  Why yes, yes it did.





My sister Minda and her husband Scott sent Mom and Dad a box of wigs to play with.  It's all fun and games until Dad is too tired to go to work and just so happens to have an excellent disguise sitting in his closet..  Really, I blame Scott and Minda for Dad's resorting to other tactics to pay the bills.    


I think it's the shoes that give him away.  They're much too shiny.

Thanks Scott and Minda for providing us such fabulous entertainment.  Not to mention the fodder that we will have for years to come.

On a more serious note, Easter is one of my favorite holidays.  Like, on the same level as Christmas, favorite.  I used to love it because it meant that my birthday was coming up (which it is...just sayin), but now I love it because of what we celebrate.  The Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.  His story is not just a legend passed down through time.  It is the truth, and it's the greatest miracle the world has ever known.  It brings me such peace.  Especially this year.

HAPPY EASTER!!!
My "serious notes" never seem to last very long...


Oh I'm in so much trouble.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for keeping us posted and in the loop annie.. your efforts mean so much. love your family and uncle bruce and sam. lots of prayers being said for everyone. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this site from my buddy who shared
    with me about this site and now this time I am visiting this website and reading very informative articles at this place.


    Have a look at my site - archival

    ReplyDelete