Monday, February 4, 2013

Super-Bald Sunday

Most people spend Super Bowl Sunday hanging out with friends, eating hideously unhealthy food, and watching football.  But we are not most people.  As a family, we often times make the conscious decision to go against the flow of traffic so to speak.  Yesterday was no exception.

Sam's hair has seemingly been taking refuge everywhere except his head.  He expected this to happen, but when it actually started, we could all tell he was a little bummed.  We don't like it when a family member is bummed.  In fact, we've been known to go to extreme measures to cheer up our bummed.  So instead of watching the Super Bowl yesterday, we shaved each other's heads.  It was exponentially more fun than watching football.  I wouldn't be surprised if eventually it become a family tradition.      


 Pre buzzathon

Saying goodbye

Notice the precision

Remember Mr. Noodle on Elmo's World?  Tha's all I have to say.  

Good news.  If Sam's eyebrows jump ship too, I think we've found a solution.
Handsome yet dangerous.

Mr. T  Sam

Moe?  Larry?  Curly?  I can't decide...

I've always wondered what it would be like to shave my husband's head.  Now I know.

Post-buzz shot (minus Scott, Minda's husband) 

Best picture of the night.  After an evening of trying to manage his post operative pain, Dad decided he had to head back to the hospital to find out what was going on.  They spontaneously rallied for a group hug right before he walked out the door.  Oh, how I love these men.  They make the world a better place just by being in it.

Cancer is a tough thing to deal with.  But believe me when I tell you that there are blessings that can come from it.  You just have to be willing to see them.  

1 comment:

  1. Well done. Love the idea of making rallying around one another in the face of this a tradition (though I'm not liking the cancer part). Here's to it becoming a long-lived tradition that involves out-year celebrations of remission and healing from hodge and non-hodge.

    ReplyDelete