Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Boring = Awesome

There I go again, not updating for an entire week.  I'd apologize except that my lack of blogging actually means things are good.  Well, not good.  More like...boring.  And in the cancer world, boring is good.  

Sam is up for round 8 tomorrow.  He can't wait.  Oh, I almost forgot to mention that he had surgery last Thursday (maybe things haven't been quite as boring as I thought).  His port was all wonky so they ripped that sucker out and installed a shiny new one.  It's even a new kind!  It was kind of like trading in a crappy old Fiat for a Mercedes Benz, only not nearly as thrilling as that.  But look what I got to do...
My life is now complete.  Seriously, I enjoyed that WAY too much.  I'm in very real danger of becoming a heroin addict purely to indulge my injection fetish.  Hopefully they'll keep me on the straight and narrow by letting me assist them with their meds for the next 6 months. 

Dad had chemo #4 on Thursday.  So far, I would say it's been pretty smooth, but that's also taking into consideration that the Prednisone crash probably started today.  That part never goes very well.  I'll be able to tell the extent of the damage from the sound of his voice when I call tomorrow.  I'll report back to you.  But until then, keep praying for boring.  We love boring.  Boring rocks our world.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you should go back to school and become a nurse. Much better than becoming a heroin addict. Glad that things are boring over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boring is now what I will explicitly say when I pray for the McMullins.

    And. you're crazy, Annie. It takes me about 15 minutes to get my shot into my own leg. It makes me so anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, I always thought you were a weirdo, but now i KNOW it. I am trying not to pass out just looking at that needle going in there! Blehdhghgidghghhuggggghhhh. and yes, you should be a nurse. I agree...boring is the bomb. !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll immediately clutch your rss feed as I can't to find your e-mail
    subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've any? Kindly allow me recognise so that I may subscribe. Thanks.

    my blog :: http://cloobd.tk/index.php?do=/profile-3721/info

    ReplyDelete